Monday 27 July 2009

Get fruity!

A catch-up month was an exellent idea! Love all the finished socks that you've posted so far.

Picking the right pattern was a bit tricky! Two years ago, all I knitted was top-down, one-at-a-time, on DPN's...and only with a regular heelflap. But now I have figured out how to do the short-row-heel, so I wanted a pattern that would combine toe-up, short-row-heel, lace, and two-at-a-time using magic loop... "Get Fruity" met almost all those requirements, exept for the lace...so I cheated...instead of "m1", I did a "yo", and it looks good. The short-row-heel is pretty neat too. Only thing wrong with these...is that I'm still having a hard time figuring out the correct lenght of the sock when knitting toe-up-LOL! So these are way too short for the intended recipient, but will go straight into the gift basket.
Yarn: Viking Frøyagarn, 80%wool,20%nylon, machinewashable sockyarn. 50g=150m
Needles: 2.5mm bamboo/wooden circular needles.
Fun and fast.
Thanks again for a very nice pattern! For some reason I didn't knit this when we first got the pattern, so it was nice finally making them.
Hope everyone is still having a lovely summer:-), I'm off to pick some more fruits...the edible ones in my garden this time...

No comments: