Tuesday 2 June 2009

done!...but not in time...

The socks are done..with a little cheating...turned out I didn't have any solid red or blue at all! I tried the starpattern first, but it looked awful! I'm not good with three colours. It might have helped if I had used DPN's instead of insisting on doing both at the same time with magic loop...
The second pattern went well, the stripes too. The heel looks awful. Shortrow-heels are not my favourite... but I got past it...and then I cheated again...making the rest of the sock in the variegated yarn. I was sitting at Dragseidet, waiting for the big outdoor play, and had about an hour Saturday, and another hour Sunday, and knitting with six balls of yarn turned in to a real mess!!!, So I finished with only the variegated blue. The yarn is too messy to see the pattern properly- I might knit these again later in a more suitable yarn.
And this is as far as I got on Sunday night- only the toes left, they were done Monday... A fun knit, and pretty quick, started on Tuesday last week, so less than a week.

Last month I was lucky enough to win the prize! I forgot to take a photo of my prizeyarn, though... It's so lovely! Bronze sockyarn, really really soft and beautiful colours! Thanks, Anni, I'm looking forward to making something out of it!!!
Marit

Added June 3rd: Yes, that's little squares on the top, I had three colours and alternated those: 1 st with A, 2 st with B, 3 st with C, 4st with A, 3st with C, 2st with B around for three rounds. Then changed: 1st with C, 2st with A, 3st with B, 4st withC, 3st with B, 2st with A for three rounds. Then: 1st with B, 2st with C, 3 st with A, 4st with B, 3st with A, 2 st with C around for three rounds. The pattern looks like a ladder. It got rather tight, so I should have knitted it on DPN's, I think it's easier to control the tension then.

3 comments:

not just a mom said...

I like your socks. Are those little squares I see at the cuff? However did you make them?

Sandy and Steve said...

six balls of yarn sounds impossible. That's actually why i passed on these socks this month--I too knit two at a time on circs. Congratulations on finishing, even if a bit late.

Marbada said...

More suitable yarn??? I really like these!!!