Sunday 16 September 2007

a l l d o n e

xs&oscomplete
noughts n crosses complete

Well, there you have it. Heavy merino, fun fur, and plenty liberties taken. I knit two repeats of the pattern as I had a finite yardage of the merino. As it happens, I finished with just about 2 yards to spare. Before trimming the fun fur, the pattern was impossible to see. (But the socks sure felt yummy...all that fur on the inside of the leg...oooo.) Both insides and outsides were trimmed.

I did use a different heel, and just knit the foot and toe in my usual way. I added the little blue stripe on the top of the toe for grins.

All in all, a cool experience. Left to my own devices, I'd never have gone for a fair isle pattern, and certainly not have used fun fur...but the challenge was posed...and I went for a right brained approach to the project.

Yarn1: Dove's Roost Handpainted Merino
Yarn2: Lion Brand Fun Fur in Indigo
Needles: 2.0mm (size 0) Susan Bates silvalume dpns

4 comments:

Hattie said...

Those are cute, I like the fun fur. It's creative, and it looks shiny and cool. :)

Anonymous said...

How fun those socks are. Well done for doing your own interpretation and trying fair isle.

Linz Knits Now said...

I think these are fab....quite an ingenious way of turning funky fur into something that's actually funky!

Alethea said...

Those are very fun!