Monday 30 April 2007

Ready, steady.....

.... no, it's not GO until tomorrow. I need tonight to double check the pattern and make one or two alterations. Things have gone a bit wrong this weekend as I've spent 3 days in bed. The socks were done befroe the weekend but ended up being smaller than I'd planned so I decided to do a larger size too. I prefer to knit up any change in sizes just to make sure it works. Well I started and .... well, let's just say I did enough to double check all my numbers and make sure all the numbers work for the heel/ gusset etc but the larger sock's not finished. Did no knitting at all on Saturday, only a tiny bit (heel flap) on Sunday and have done the heel turn and gusset today but it was a struggle.

What's wrong with me? Well, I've got an awful toothache - abcess. sTarted on Friday and wasn't too bad but went to dentish for antibiotics. Thought it was just a flare up of a severe abcess I had in January. By Saturday evenign my whole right side of my face was swollen and I felt rather ill. Swelling is finally starting to go down and the pain is under control but I'm feeling really ill. All I want to do is sleep and drink lots of water which is apparently what I'm supposed to do.

The pattern will be e-mailed out tomorrow morning. I'll get on to it as soon as the kids have gone to school. I'd actually planned to do it tonight as I wanted to go to a knitting club tomorrow, but the club is an hours drive away and there's no way I'm up to it, unfortunately. At least I'll be hope to do all the e-mailing.

I'll post a message on here when I've done the e-mailing. Get your needles ready. You'll need US size 2 or 2.75 mm (2.5mm will do though) needles and fingering weight yarn (yarn I used is from Bright Dyes (see sidebar) and it's similar to Opal).

8 comments:

Put a Sock in it said...

Oh dear, I do hope you feel better soon. Abscesses are horrible things.

And don't worry about having everything in place for tomorrow. Another couple of days waiting won't hurt us. :)

inukshuk71 said...

That sounds terrible Anni. No one will hold it against you if you get things done later for this knitalong. By all means do sleep and take care of yourself. I for one would much rather know you are sleeping off this very painful infection rather than casting on for a new sock.

CelticCastOn said...

goodness, sounds like you still need some more rest. Don't be pushing yourself to get it all done now, we can wait patiently for a while longer if need be.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

That sounds just awful! I hope you feel better real soon.

Laurie said...

I agree, Anni. I hope you get enough rest and start feeling better!! It wouldn't bother me one bit if you're late with our first pattern. Your health is more important than our socks!! Get well soon!

Judy said...

same as the rest have said, you get better first, it won't hurt if we start a little later than planned.
Take care of the tooth and the rest of you.

5elementknitr said...

I'm too excited to sleep! Poor thing, I wish I had a cure!

bellamoden said...

Thanks so much for the pattern! I hope you feel better soon, feeling like crud is no fun.