Tuesday, 18 December 2007
I finished these a couple of days ago, and I love 'em! The stranding makes them lovely and warm which is great given the current temperatures here.
I used Knit Picks Bare Merino for the snowflakes. It's a bit thicker than the the red Palette, but I think it's worked out okay. The motifs on the second sock mirror those on the first, and I finished the foot with 6-point shaping to keep the theme going.
The Cedar arch expansion I used from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One is unusual, and fits really nicely too. The increased tension in the two colours caught me by surprise, so I had to frog my first attempt and go up a needle size. I used 2.5 mm DPNs for all the single-colour knitting with 2.75 mm for the motifs. I also reduced the number of stitches to 64 for the heel and foot.