Sunday 24 August 2008

Little Flower Socks

I was worried I wouldn't get these done in time this month. But as it seems I had no need to worry. I started the second sock on Thursday, finished the heel just last night and couldn't put it down all day today. And now they are finished. I really love this new yarn! For a Merino/Poly blend it is soooo incredibly soft! And the colours turned out wonderfully as well - and I don't even like pink. :) The only thing I had a real problem with was the heel. One side was all nice and tight but the other is messy and holely... I think it's got something to do with my purling being quite loose in comparison to my knit stitches. But I guess with some practice I'll get it down some time.

Still love these socks. And I can't wait for the next package to arrive! :)

4 comments:

Bronchitkat said...

I found I had 'holes' along the 'turn' of my short-row heels when I started doing them too. You can tighten them up afterwards by 'lacing' a thread through the stitches & pulling up.

Otherwise it's a case of practising knitting short-row heels until you get them like you want them. Which, I found, didn't take that long. I now reckon on a hour to turn a heel, & they turn out quite well.

Chelle said...

Lovely socks, such a pretty colour,

Thank you Bronchitkat for the tip on Short-row heels :)

triconette said...

I had the same, so thanks Bronchitkat for your tip!!!
Like your socks, wish I had more time and yes, the yarn is so soft.
yvonnep

Nui said...

great tip on the short row heel. That's one of the reasons why I choose a different heel but I guess practice makes perfect