Friday 15 August 2008

Puppy in the Flowers

This is Tex, our new Australian Cattle Dog/Kelpie mix puppy. Four months old, adorable, and wants to do whatever I do. Including learning to knit. I'm not sure exactly when, but he found my Little Flowers, took them out through the dog door onto the back lawn, and proceeded to turn my two nicely wound balls yarn into a giant mess. I wanted to take a picture, but couldn't find the camera.It took 6 hours to pick out the grass, untangle and re-ball the yarn. I was tempted to just chuck the whole thing in the trash, but it was Anni's beautiful Yarn Addicts sock yarn and I couldn't bear to. I had to frog (or should I say "pup") the socks, which were almost halfway at two-at-a time toe up, but at least he didn't eat the needles. The yarn wasn't really chewed, just "rearranged," so I've started again. After I puppy proofed the house.

5 comments:

Barb W. said...

Puppies, kittens and even the most calm dogs and cats, love yarn. The better the yarn the more they like it.

Sylvia said...

How did you get Tex to sit still for the photo? When I met him and he didn't stop moving for a second. He is cute, though!

Unknown said...

What a cutie! Who could stay mad at that face for very long?! LOL Glad to hear your yarn survived the adventure. :)

psalm127 said...

AAAAA he's so cute. Sorry about the socks. Looking forward to see them when they are done

Line said...

He looks so innocent, to cute to be true