Wednesday 2 July 2008

July socks - Celtic Cable Heel Socks

Sorry, I didn't get the pattern posted as early as I'd planned. I had to take photos of the short version fo the socks and it was raining until mid morning. Anyway, here t hey are:

The standard version

and the trainer sock version.

The socks are knitted toeup and instructions are included in the pattern for Turkish Cast On, but any other toe up cast on can be used. I've also included instructions for sewn bind off but again, you can use bind off of your choice.

I've posted both pdf and MS Word versions of the pattern. The Celebration Stole pattern ahs been posted again too. And will be available until end of July. Teh Celebration Stole KAL has been extended until end of August, when there will be a prize draw.

These socks were knitted with crocs and clogs in mind. With the details on the heel they're perfect for wearing with heel-less shoes. Make them short or standard - your choice.
Patterns are posted on the Google group now.

Happy knitting,

Anni

15 comments:

Knitting in Pink said...

What a gorgeous sock. The heel is beautiful. Thank you Anni.

Quesselchen said...

I'm in love. Those are absolutely amazing.
Off to find yarn and rewrite sock-knitting schedule..
Thanks for the pattern, Anni!

Barb W. said...

Beautiful pattern, but I will definitely be knitting these top down vs toe up.

Anonymous said...

So pleased you all like them. Even my non knitting friends who are not normally impressed with my socks at all, ahd to admit they like this one. LOL.

Will work perfectly as a top down sock too.

Judy said...

I swore to myself that if this month was another cable sock I was not going to do it. LOL Then I saw the pattern. I have already changed my mind and am knitting them toe up.
Thanks, Anni.

Arianne said...

I loooove it, Anni! I am SUCH a sucker for celtic cables! Beautiful sock pattern. I can't wait!

TrulyBlessed said...

SOOO worth the wait!!! Anni, they are absolutely beautiful. They will be my first toe-up sock and my first cables.I think I need some light colored sock yarn to show these celtic beauties off.Thank you Anni.

Isobel said...

Tooooooo much - these are drowlable socks!!!!!!

Sandy and Steve said...

Wonderful! I am vacationing on the Oregon coast and found a yarn shop in town yesterday. Even though I brought lots of sock yarn with me on the trip, I of course had to buy some more. And I'm glad I did--Happy Feet in red--perfect for these socks. Thanks, Anni, for a fun new pattern.

Linz Knits Now said...

Wow they are just stunning. Hopefully i'm in for July lol
Thankyou very much Anni.

Clari said...

What a fabulous sock pattern!!! These will be my first toe-ups, too. I think I'll do the short version to wear with my open heel sneakers.

marit said...

Love them! Have another pair I need to finish first, but then these will be done- top down:-)

jardinrouge said...

What a beatiful pattern, love cables! As soon as I finish my other pair, I'm starting these, also top down. Luv, luv, luv this pattern...thanks so much Anni!

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone. I'm so pleased you all like the socks. I actually started designing these last summer then shelved them as I wasn't happy with my original design. I'm pleased I decided to resurrect them.

Better finsih my 2nd short sock so I can wear them with my crocs.

Chelle said...

Thank you Anni for such a wonderfully easy to follow pattern. I loved doing these, and the yarn was a dream to work with :)