Tuesday 30 October 2007

September finally done.

I finished these about a week ago but could not remember to bring the camera to the house to take a pic of them. I really enjoyed knitting them and they went pretty fast, I just had to lay them aside to do some Christmas show knitting. A group that I knit with has a "Christmas time sales event at women's clubs" and I had to do some extra knitting for that as we were doing so well. All the money that we make goes to the Markay in town which is a sort of a non-profit art gallery that we are trying to get renovated. It is a lovey old building that needs lots of tender loving care.

Anyway, here are the socks. The main yarn is KnitPicks Essential, I think, and the XO yarn is left over from I think the July socks and is a blend of alpaca and silk, I think. I knit them using two circs from the cuff down.

These are going to be a Christmas prezzy for my hair stylist. She watches me knit socks every month and told me she would love to have a pair and I didn't even have to use expensive yarn, any ole cheap thing would do. LOL. I knit her a beaded purse last year for Christmas and she really loved it, so she is sock worthy. Besides, I have known her most of my life and she started doing my hair about 30 years ago. (WOW, that makes the two of us sound REALLY old, hehehe.)

I doubt that I will get the October socks done until sometime after Christmas but I plan on starting the November socks as soon as I get the pattern.

Thanks for the loverly patterns, Anni.

2 comments:

Olga said...

When will spammers learn to SPELL!!!????????? Maybe we would fall for it if they would only learn proper english.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks. and fantastic colourway. I hope your hair stylist will be pleased with them.

Wonder if I can delete spam comments. Will have to look into it. Been lucky with spammers so far. Not too much of a problem.