Tuesday 18 March 2008

Man Socks!


Done, even though DH has only size 8-9 feet (UK) I was beginning to wonder whether I'd have sufficient yarn. As 'tis, there's enough to reinforce the toes - essential with his socks.

Yarn is something (75% wool, 25% nylon) I've had in stash for a while, & have lost the ballband!

I was Kitchenering the toe of the first sock, suddenly remembered that the Feb KAL was for a toe-up flap-heel, & knit the second sock toe-up, with C4F twists, to complete the mirror image.
Several froggings later I had a much better understanding of the construction of a flap heel.


DH loves them - he even took this shot. Must. Reinforce. The. Toes.

3 comments:

dustinac said...

They look great! I love the color of the yarn... : )

Anonymous said...

Fabolours socks and well done for doing one toe up.

Nui said...

they look great! How lucky you are that your DH was willing to pose & take the pic!