Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Just finished!

I just finished these this morning - I would have been a bit quicker apart from two little glitches........(entirely of my own making - nothing to to do with the pattern!)

My first problem was the sewn bind off. I've tried this before and gave up because I was making such a mess, so this time I was determined to make it work. I was so anxious not to make it too tight, that I did the opposite and ended up with a frilly edge! That was no good, so I had to unpck it & start again. Why does it take 10 times as long to unpick things as it takes to do them wrong?
The second attempt was much better and does give a lovely stretchy edge. I might make more toe up socks now that I've got that problem sorted.
The other problem was the heel of the second sock. I developed a sudden inability to count and ended up redoing it (twice).
I used Regia Surprise yarn with 2 circular 2.25mm needles. I used Judy's Magic Cast On (because I've just learned it).
I made the leg a bit shorter (2 full pattern repeats plus half a repeat left over from the foot) and I only did three repeats of the rib.
I really liked the pattern and I'm very pleased with the socks.
Thanks again, Anni.

4 comments:

Mamere Knits Too Much said...

very pretty!

Sandy and Steve said...

Love 'em!

quesselchen said...

very pretty, like this colour a lot!

Chellie said...

Very nice- love the color choice and the shortened length!