Wednesday 20 February 2008

Love is Blue

I used Knitpicks Fellici in the Coastal colorway. I didn't think self-striping yarn was the best choice for these socks, but we are traveling in our RV, and I was miles from a yarn shop--this was the best of what I had with me. They turned out better than I expected, and will be perfect for my sister who had a hysterectomy today; her favorite color is blue. As usual, I changed the pattern a bit. I tried Cat Bordhi's "bubble trail" yarn over increases for the gussets and like how they compliment the yarn overs in the hearts. I also tried a picot bind off I found on Knitty.com; it was easy to do and I think it makes the socks extra "girly." I love the twisted rib cuff and will use it again on future socks. Thanks, Anni! Looking forward to March's pattern.

2 comments:

Mamere Knits Too Much said...

great colors & love the striping! haven't started yet, but yarn chosed stripes so nice to see it works out :)

not just a mom said...

The socks look so nice in blue, and the yo increases really do fit in. I'll have to give those a try.