Sunday 10 February 2008

One day I'll finish on time

So I once again missed the deadline by quite a bit. I did finish these mid-week, so less than 1 week late. However, I am really thrilled with them, and they were great fun to knit!

100_1944
Yarn: Trekking Pro Natura, colour 1607.
Modifications (always!): I decided to follow the Riverbed master pattern from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways book. The real benefit here was that this yarn is a bit on the thin side, and I wanted to use my 2.25 mm needles, but there was no way the pattern as written would fit at that size. Cat Bordhi's book has enabled me to feel confident about adjusting the number of stitches I use to get a good fit, and in this case I went up to 72. They fit great! You can see a close-up of the increases (on the bottom of the foot in the Riverbed pattern) and the heel:
100_1946

The pattern was really fun and quick to knit when I actually had time to sit and work on it--the month was just too busy for that to happen much.

I am planning to do February, although I'm sure I'll be slow on those, too. I just picked some yarn by random draw from my stash (lots of pink/red/coral combinations in there to choose from, although I think I would have gone ahead with it in another colour if I had picked it!). I will be trying this yarn:
100_1951
That's Middle Earth Yarns merino/alpaca sock yarn, colourway "Balrog." It's really deliciously soft, so I'm not sure if these will be for me or a gift. Hmm.

No comments: