Monday 20 August 2007

Halfway to a Pair

Everyone's knitting looks fabulous! This pattern makes for great-looking socks.

Me? Well, I've finished sock #1, and hubby is delighted with the look and the fit of it—like Meg, I reduced the number of stitches to 54. That's the good news. The bad news is that the second sock is fighting me all the way! I keep making stupid mistakes as a result of not paying attention to what I'm doing, and I'm now on my third attempt to get going with it. Had I not been so careless, I'd have finished the pair by now.

I think the principal problem is that I simply don't like working with Lana Grossa Mega Boots Stretch. It's stretchy and splitty, and takes all the fun out of knitting for me. Its only saving grace is that it looks nice. If it weren't for that, and the fact that these socks are for hubby, I'd have tossed it in the bin ages ago out of sheer frustration. And just to irritate me a bit more, the yarn really doesn't stand up well to multiple froggings.

Anyway, enough of my moaning! I will get a move on with sock #2, and I will not go wrong again! :)

No comments: