Wednesday, 8 August 2007

Started August's Pattern

I started working on this month's pattern, last Saturday. This is what I had finished at the end of the day. I've worked on them a little more since then and have about another 3 cm complete. I'm really liking the simplicity of the pattern. Its been some time since I knit a sock that was this easy, so I'm loving it. I did, however, change the sizing on the pattern by casting on 76 stitches so that it will be a men's large, instead of a women's medium. As you can probably tell, I also opted to knit them toe up rather than top down as I'm unsure how long I will be able to make the cuff due to the increased size.
Update: After ripping twice due to errors on my part, I'm not going to cast on again, at least not now. I'm just a little frustrated with myself and it usually helps to finish a pair of socks in another pattern and then come back and tackle the one that "got me." This one is all me, not any fault of Anni's pattern. Its beautiful, but I just didn't get the math correct in trying to make it bigger.

No comments: