My 10yearold requested anklets...
They're done toe-up, a method I used for the first time earlier this year knitting Anni's "Falling in love"socks (yes, I know, there should be a link...) Great socks, but the short rows were fiddly, and I had problems with the wraps, they didn't look good. The socks were lovely, though!
Anyway- I decided to give it another try, on these kid-sized anklets. I ended up using a figure8- cast on for the toe, and there is a shortrowheel, but I knitted the two last stitches together on every row,until I had 9 st left, then I picked up one stitch at the end of each row until I was back on the proper stitchcount. It worked like a charm. I used the crochetneedle for castoff- taking 3 stitches together, then 5 st of crochet. She likes them, so do I.
Thanks again for a great pattern, Anni!