Wednesday 20 June 2007

Anklets


My 10yearold requested anklets...

They're done toe-up, a method I used for the first time earlier this year knitting Anni's "Falling in love"socks (yes, I know, there should be a link...) Great socks, but the short rows were fiddly, and I had problems with the wraps, they didn't look good. The socks were lovely, though!

Anyway- I decided to give it another try, on these kid-sized anklets. I ended up using a figure8- cast on for the toe, and there is a shortrowheel, but I knitted the two last stitches together on every row,until I had 9 st left, then I picked up one stitch at the end of each row until I was back on the proper stitchcount. It worked like a charm. I used the crochetneedle for castoff- taking 3 stitches together, then 5 st of crochet. She likes them, so do I.
Thanks again for a great pattern, Anni!

4 comments:

Katt94 said...

They look great - lovely colour.

Judy said...

I think I like your idea of the short row heel. I did them as Anni said but I must have done something wrong as they don't really suit me. Oh, well.
Nice socks.

Judy

Anonymous said...

Great socks. There are apparantly lots of different ways of doing shortrow. The method i do is the only one I know.LOL. But I think it's a question of finding one that suits you. I prefer gusset/heel flap even on toe up socks.

psalm127 said...

oooo.....I love them. where can I get the pattern. I have several daughters and myself who love ankle socks...