Tuesday 26 June 2007

Tubing

I'm naming this post "Tubing", because that's the pace I seem to be making with the June River Valley socks. (For those of you not familiar with the term, tubing is stretching out across an inflatable inner tube and lazily floating down a river - it's incredibly popular in my home state of Louisiana.) I've been busy with work and moving into a new apartment, then unpacking and getting settled in, so not much progress so far. I'm not sure if I'll finish these in time, but I'll certainly try.

Here's where I've knit to so far:


This is my first attempt at toe-up socks and it wasn't too bad. The only thing I'm having trouble with is figuring out the fit - it seems harder to tell this way. I think they may be too big, even though I did go down a needle size thanks to Anni's warnings. But, I'll continue knitting and see how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try them on about half way up hte foot and check. When you get to the calf you can always go up or down needlesize if you need to to adjust the fit. It's looking good so far.

Laurie said...

Thanks for the advice, Anni!