The Serpentine socks are now complete. I just finished re-knitting the first sock. I can't begin to say how much I loved this pattern. I did change it just the slightest bit by doing the cables every 4th round instead of 3. I couldn't use the 2.5mm needles that I started with because the sock was coming out too big. I was afraid if I kept the 3 round repeat on the cables it might be too tight using the 2mm needles. The fit is perfect and I actually found this heel construction was easy to avoid the holes on the side of the gusset. This is the first time I used this heel construction. I think I finally have the wrap and turn under control and I should be able to try the short row toe next.
The yarn used is Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino in colour Fiesta on 2mm needles.