Saturday 28 June 2008

Another pair of May Days in June

I had actually finished these socks in early June but only recently got the invite for this blog. (Thank you for the invite, Pam. I know you are really busy and I really didn't mind to wait!)

I really loved this yarn that I got for June with Anni's Sock Club. Not a color I would normally have chosen but boy did they turn out nice! I really love these socks now and they fit really well (I have a tendency to make socks just a little bit too big). The pattern is just wonderful, easily memorized and quick knit. Half way through I feared the yarn wouldn't be enough (I do have big feet) but luckily I was wrong. I have just enough left over to make a mini sock keyring pendant. :)

2 comments:

not just a mom said...

I'm glad you had enough yarn to finish - they are great.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous socks and I'm so relieved you had enough yarn. I have huge feet (European size 42, Uk size 8/9) and normally ahve plenty. I kept a skein of the June yarn for msyelf and I think I may cast on with that yarn next. got two finsih version 2 of teh July pattern first.