Monday 30 June 2008

Rainforest done


These were a very fast knit for me, and not only because they are short topped. It took me 6 days to finish these.

I used yarn that I had gotten in my Knitter's Connection membership bags last year and this year. The yarn is Claudia Hand Painted Yarns. The toe/heel is Baby Girl and I got it last year, the foot/leg is Strawberry Latte and I got it this year. The t/h said it had 50 grams but there was maybe 20 and the f/l also said 50 but there was way less. Everytime I have had 100 grams of yarn to knit a pair of socks for myself I have had about 1/3 of the ball left over and this time I had 9 pieces ranging from 1.5" to 10.5" of the f/l and about 4 yards of the t/h yarn. I did manage to finish a patter repeat instead of running out in the middle of it.

I did these toe up, ML, 2 at once. I used KP Options size 1 with a 40 " cable.

1 comment:

Barb W. said...

Your socks sound lovely, but your post appears to be missing the photo. If you need help adding it, let us know.