Monday, 16 June 2008

May Day socks for June

I really like these socks. It's difficult to find a pattern that works with self-patterning yarn, but I think this is a good example of the pattern & the yarn working together.

The yarn is Regia Silk, which my daughter bought me for Mother's Day. I think she's hoping that she'll get the socks, but she's going to be disappointed!


I used 2 x 2.5mm circulars and made the larger size.

The only change I made was to reduce the sole to 30 stitches because I like the foot fit quite closely.
Thanks again for all the great patterns.

9 comments:

Jackie Knits said...

Beautiful!

I, too, have regia silk in the same colorway. so pretty and so soft!!! I'm almost done with the socks and i'm looking forward to wearing them - I'll bet they are super comfy!!

Monika said...

They turned out beautifully!

Esoteric Knitter said...

They're super cute!

dustinac said...

ohh very pretty!! Great job : )

LadybirdLinz (:i:) said...

I love stripey yarn with this pattern. Yours are fabulous well done.

Laurie said...

Your socks turned out great. I love the colors.

Bev said...

Your socks look great The stripy yarn really shows off the pattern I will give it a try.

psalm127 said...

Your socks look wonderful. Great job.

Nui said...

Great recommendation! I have some yarn that is similar in color & striping!