Monday 16 June 2008

May Day socks for June

I really like these socks. It's difficult to find a pattern that works with self-patterning yarn, but I think this is a good example of the pattern & the yarn working together.

The yarn is Regia Silk, which my daughter bought me for Mother's Day. I think she's hoping that she'll get the socks, but she's going to be disappointed!


I used 2 x 2.5mm circulars and made the larger size.

The only change I made was to reduce the sole to 30 stitches because I like the foot fit quite closely.
Thanks again for all the great patterns.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

I, too, have regia silk in the same colorway. so pretty and so soft!!! I'm almost done with the socks and i'm looking forward to wearing them - I'll bet they are super comfy!!

Monika said...

They turned out beautifully!

Jennie said...

They're super cute!

dustinac said...

ohh very pretty!! Great job : )

Linz Knits Now said...

I love stripey yarn with this pattern. Yours are fabulous well done.

Laurie said...

Your socks turned out great. I love the colors.

Bev said...

Your socks look great The stripy yarn really shows off the pattern I will give it a try.

psalm127 said...

Your socks look wonderful. Great job.

Nui said...

Great recommendation! I have some yarn that is similar in color & striping!