Sunday 15 June 2008

Welcome to June

I'm sorry this post is a day late but weekends always get insanely busy especially this weekend as I've been working on two design proposals due today.

This month there will be no new sock design. The reason is that I've just been too busy coming up with new designs for magazine and a book submission. That's all top secret and I've got some designs accepted for magazine publication and some which I'm still waiting to hear about. all very exciting. But it's been a tough month.

So instead this month I'm offering two of my old patterns which have not been used for Sockamania before, Rainforest and Speedway. I'll post the patterns to the Google group in a minute. For the knitalong prize draw this month you can knit either the Rainforest or Speedway pattern or any old Sockamania patterns that you've either not managed to finish (chance to get those 2nd socks done) or choose a pattern you've not even had time to start on or fancy knitting again.

Also we're not taking on any new members this month as we're having a bit of a spring clean. Any members who're not active or who have never posted will be deleted. Anyone who's not accepted their Google invite will be deleted. Don't worry if you're an active member or someone who posts occasionally you'll still be allowed to continue your membership. If we delete you by mistake just let us know.

I'll do all outstanding prize draws this evening.

Happy knitting,

Anni

This was written on 2nd June but I'm making it a 'sticky' for a week or so so that everyone sees it.

17 comments:

Kerry said...

Congratulations on your magazine work.

The month break has come at a good time for me as I have lots of unfinished socks to be getting on with. I have told myself not to print off the patterns you have just uploaded LOL. Whether I will resist is another thing.

Looking forward to seeing what July brings.

marit said...

I think both patterns are really cute! I'll make at least one pair for my daughters- it was nice to get a smaller size(I hate doing math to make them fit-lol!)
Congratulations on your submissions!

Mieke said...

You're spoiling us, two patterns, great. I will try to make at least one pair, probably the may-sock from last year.
congrats with your coming publications!

Shannan said...

Thanks for sharing 2 patterns with us this month!! I think I'm going to do Rainforest. Congrats on having your designs accepted! Please let us know which publications so we can check them out.

sockaholic said...

Thanks for sharing two patterns! I may finish the March pattern and do the Celebration socks first.

Good luck with your pattern publishing. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Clari said...

A book? Awesome! Congrats on the magazine work, too. The two patterns you shared with us this month are so pretty. I can't decide between the two. I think I have the perfect yarn in my stash for rainforest so we'll see.

Sockergirl said...

wow... all the suspense. Do tell soon! We'll keep knitting.

Isobel said...

Thank you for the new patterns - Rainforest is lovely, I have some wonderful green/lime/yellow that I think will fit to a tee.

dustinac said...

Congrats on everything that is coming up for you!! Thank you for the patterns...I'm thinking rain forest but having trouble deciding for sure : )

1to1 said...

Thanks for the two great patterns...umm, might have to check out your older ones too.

Best of luck with the books.

Please don't delete me even though I haven't posted yet...was busy working on other projects but am ready to cast on a pair of socks now.

Thanks, Carla

Delusional Knitter said...

Thanks for still sharing two great patterns with us! Good luck with your design submissions :)

Angela

Ingalill said...

Both patterns are lovely! i hope to do them soon but not right now as my fingers hurt when knitting small things like socks.

I hope you´ll soon share both magazine and book with us! All really love all your patterns and a lot of your yarns..... :)

Unknown said...

Hi Anni...I sent you an e-mail and am not sure you got it; it was about my Google invitation. Could you please e-mail me? Thanks! Steph (jagshunny at gmail dot com)

Sockamania Admin said...

Just sent you a mail Steph.

quiltingseagull said...

I don't post very often but do read. I will be doing the socks from February as I never had a chance to get to them

Arianne said...

Can I knit one of your designs that is not Sockamania?

I bought Kalidescope from you and I really need a kick in the pants to move it up my queue! :)

Anonymous said...

Arianne, yeah why not. Go for it. Good luck.