Saturday, 28 June 2008

Celebration Shawl complete!



I finished up the knitting and blocked the stole to it's glory yesterday. I absolutely love this stole. The knitting is straightforward, and the lace pattern is very pretty. The yarn is a custom colorway that Scout of Scoutswag dyed for me. It's her merino laceweight. The stole is a smidge narrower than the finished dimensions as stated in the pattern, but I think this is because the laceweight I used is lighter than the laceweight called for. I think the simple lace pattern looks lovely with the colorway though. I'm quite pleased.

3 comments:

Anni said...

Wow. that looks beautiful. Love the colours too. Very pretty.

Sylvia said...

Lovely!

Judy said...

Those are such cheerful socks. Nice work. The pronounced scallop around the top is great.