Thursday 22 May 2008

Celebrating Love



I just finished my second pair of Simply Love socks. I was visiting my mom when I finished the first pair, which were going to my sister recovering from surgery, and my mom fell in love with them. She wanted some "just like them," but doing two pair of socks using the exact same pattern and yarn is too boring for me, so I talked her into this Reggia yarn instead. I've used this picot bind off now on three pair of socks, and it's so cute as well as stretchy.

My Celebration socks are still on the needles. I don't know if I'll finish them in time for the drawing. We had issues. This yarn is absolutely gorgeous, called Noro, but has zero elasticity. It took my almost two hours to do 10 rows of pattern because trying to make the yarn stretch for cables and ssk was almost impossible. So I switched to a thin and thin rib. About the time I hit the heel, I realized I had been using size 0 needles instead of the size 1 I thought I had been using. So I switched to size 2 for the leg, tried the pattern again, and it's going much more smoothly, although you can't really see it yet. This yarn has a HUGE repeat, so the socks will bear only a fleeting family resemblance to each other.

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Great job on the Mom socks! I like that yarn. Keep at it, I think that you can make the deadline. I am just past turning the heel on my first sock.

psalm127 said...

Love the color of your socks. Great Job on both!!

dustinac said...

ohh love both socks...the bottom socks are so pretty! I have wondered how the Noro would knit up... : )

Anonymous said...

Love the Noro pair!

Nui said...

LOve the fun colors on the Noro socks!