Friday 16 May 2008

First competition winner is...

.............Knottykitty. The answer was ofcourse Norway. Not the most difficult question in the world and everyone got the answer right. Simon drew the winner for me. Knottykitty e-mail me on yarnaddictAThotmailDOTcoDOTuk (replacing AT with @ and DOT with .) and let me know yoru address and your choice of skein from my Etsy shop and I'll post it to you on Tuesday when I get back home.

I managed to visit not just one but two yarn shops today. The lovely Maud's Garn in Oslo. Wow, what a wonderful yarn shop, the best one I've been to in Norway yet. I got some wonderful pure alpaca aran/worsted yarn and some gorgeous white silk from India, think it's either fingering weight/4ply or dk. And a shawl pin, some Knit Pick options tips. They had some gorgeous yarn there and I could have bought a lot more but Simon was hovering outside and we have a prett ysmall luggage allowance flying home with Ryan Air.

I then found another yarn shop, Strikkedilla, in Oslo City. But I didn't buy any there, very restrained of me. I'm well impressed with myself. LOL.

Pics when Iget home.

Off to knit some more now. Just stared a new sock design, the 2nd one this holiday. Finished sock design one today in the car back from Oslo. they're not Sockamania ones though but submissions for something else and top secret for the time being.

Happy knitting everyone,

Anni

2 comments:

knottykitty said...

Thank you SO, so much, Anni! I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it! I'm glad you are having a lovely holiday. I'm off to your Etsy to have a peek at what's available :)

dustinac said...

Congrats!! : )