Thursday 1 May 2008

SPECIAL KNITALONG - CELEBRATION STOLE




I have finally got my act together and can announc the start of a special anniversary knitalong. It's a lace stole for those of us who fancy a break from socks and would like something light and lacy for the summer. The pattern is available on th Google group now for you to download. Please make sure you download and print or save the pattern on your own pc before the end of May as the pattern will be taken down then.

The knitalong will last until the end of June. There will be a prize draw for finished stoles. Post a pic of your finsihed stole to be included in the draw at the end of June. The prize will be a Anni Design/YarnAddict Yarns kit of your choice. Depending on how many finished items there are in the draw there may be more than one prize. I'm offering one prize for every 10 finished entries.

The stole is knitted in two halves and then grafted together although you could do a 3 needle bind off instead. It uses 800 yards/732 meters of heavy laceweight yarn. Lookfor yarn that has about 800-900 yards per 100gr. The sample is knitted in my Luscious Lace. Pixie knitted up the sample for me in record time. She even had to sort out the chart for the border for me. Thank you Pixie.

Don't forget you're entitled to 10% Sockamania discount on any yarn purchased from my Etsy shop. And i'm offering free shipping in May. All you need to do is tell me you're a Sockamania member during the check out process and i'll refund your 10% via Paypal ifyou've paid or send you a new invoice if you haven't paid. I'm going on holiday tomorrow though so if you want the yarn sent out before I go away you need to order by 6pm UK time today. If not it'll be posted on 20th May. If you want to knit the stole in Luscious Lace then you need 2 skeins. If you choose Merino Lace or Cashmere Lace you'll need one 100gr skeins. Please note that some of the Cashmere Lace skeins listed are less than 100gr.

Happy knitting,

Anni

5 comments:

not just a mom said...

It's so pretty; and my MIL was just asking me to make her one. Perfect timing.

Clari said...

Such a pretty stole. Gotta go check my stash.

Judy said...

I have started mine, Anni. It is out of a soft pink silk. Hope I can finish by the end of June. I am a slooooow knitter.

Judy

Isobel said...

Wow, so pretty, I am sorely tempted.

Anonymous said...

Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see pics.