Monday 5 May 2008

Loving the Celebration socks

This pattern looked pretty complicated to me when I saw the chart, but it is knitting up nicely. I can't believe how quickly the socks have lengthened. I'm up to 2 inches already and I haven't fully completed 3 repeats of the chart! I'm not sure if I will complete the chart 10 times like it says in the pattern, though, I don't really like my socks that tall. We'll see. Here is a picture of my progress so far.


I'm using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Socks in the Somerset colorway. The skeins are from the Jimmy Beans Wool millends sale that they had a couple of months ago. I'm using Knitpicks size 1.5, 40" circular needle and magic looping these babies. I'm trying my best to finish them before the sock war starts on Friday, let's see how far I get.

4 comments:

Socks4Her said...

Wow those are looking great I love the colours in it what kind of yarn are you using?

not just a mom said...

The color is so beautiful!

blueberries in the fields said...

oh i love this color, it is just perfect for the pattern ! wish i can find something similar !

psalm127 said...

Love the color. They are looking wonderful.