Friday 11 January 2008

New Year Socks done

I just finished these this morning!


It's the first time I've ever done a dropped stitch pattern and I'm very pleased with the socks. I only dropped the wrong stitch once (luckily, I noticed before it had unravelled too far & rescued it!)

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock and the colour is Georgetown. It's a mixture of pastel greens, blues, turquoise and lilac - really pretty.

The colours are more realistic in the top picture, but the bottom picture shows the pattern really well.
I used 2.5 mm needles for the cuff & 2.25 mm for the leg & foot to get the correct gauge. I did 4 pattern repeats on the leg and 4.5 pattern repeats on the foot for a UK size 6.5.
Thanks for another gorgeous pattern.

8 comments:

sockaholic said...

Your socks are gorgeous! Love the colors.

Sarah said...

Great socks - so quick too!

Deb W said...

Absolutely gorgeous yarn and a terrific job knitting them. I will have to keep the needle "down size" in mind when I work on mine (great tip).

psalm127 said...

beautiful. I guess I need to get working if I am going to get mine done by the end of the month

Nui said...

The colors you choosed really shows the pattern. Beautiful socks!

not just a mom said...

Your socks are beautiful. Thanks for posting the up close picture of the pattern. I was wondering if my socks look the way they're supposed to look.

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Very cute! Love the color you used. : )

Hanna said...

Beautiful socks.