Friday 23 November 2007

Goodbye to my Ripple Socks



It is with great sadness that I say farewell to my Ripple Socks. They are beautiful, but something wacky happened to the heel and they must be frogged. This is the second time I've frogged these socks, but that will not stop me from making them again.

The pattern is lovely, and I am glad that it is easy to remember. The Lorna's Laces yarn (Island Blue) is holding up well, and I think it's up for try #3.

So, goodbye Ripple Socks, until I see you again.


On the plus side, I've actually figured out how to add a picture, so it's not all bad.

- Jeannette

4 comments:

Barb W. said...

Your socks are beautiful, what is wrong with the heel?

Pixie said...

What a shame as they look so lovely, love the colour.
Well done on getting a picture on here :)

knottykitty said...

Sorry about the demise of your lovely sock! The color is beautiful. At least you have a picture to remember it by....;)

Anonymous said...

Oh no. What a shame to have to frong. They look gorgeous. Can you just frog past the heel? And restart. When you do start again, put in a life ine before where the problem occurs then if you ahve to frog, frog back to the lifeline and carry on. Much easier to put stitches back on the needle with a lifeline.

I'm working on my 2nd Ripple sock right now. I did an extra repeat for the leg on the 2nd sock and had to frog back. So annoying.