Sunday 4 November 2007

The perfect pattern

for the Fleece Artist Sea Wool sock yarn I had in stash from my birthday in July (colourway Marine). As soon as I had the pattern e-mail on Friday, I cast on straight away. I've now almost finished the first sock, it's such a quick and easy pattern but very effective.

I hope you don't mind Anni but I'm knitting these toe up - I've been addicted ever since I knitted your Falling in Love socks in February. The only other change I made was to start the pattern on row 5 so I didn't have a purl ridge over my toes. I'm using 2 x 2.75 mm Inox Grey circs.

6 comments:

alisonrunrigfan said...

These look great, Linda - did not think I would have time for the Nov socks, but everyone is saying it's a great quick pattern so you have got me tempted now!

psalm127 said...

Oh the sock looks lovely. I am still waiting for my package from Annie to arrive. I hope today so I can cast on.

Isobel said...

Now I know what yarn to use from the stash, thanks for giving me an example to work from.

not just a mom said...

I'm doing them toe up too. Looks like you're doing a plain short row heel - I was thinking of having the pattern run down the heel, but may just change my mind because yours looks wonderful(luckily I'm not quite there yet so I have some time to decide).

Pixie said...

These are look fab, love the colour :)

Quesselchen said...

That colour is great! I just love the slightly darker shades of blue!