Friday 2 November 2007

Tunisian Elegance



These are well travelled socks! I took them on holiday to Tunisia (from UK). I made two changes to the pattern - I added 6 rows of rib at the cuff and I altered the size of the cable. I needed the larger size, but really liked the way the cable stood out on the smaller size, so I reduced the width to 6 stitches and cabled every other row. They would have been ready sooner, but I kept messing up one of the cables on the second sock! I used 2.5mm needles & Trekking XXL yarn. The stripes are more pronounced than I'd anticipated - for some reason I thought the yarn was variegated rather than striped, but I'm very pleased with the finished result.
This is my first month as a member of Sockamania and I'd like to say thank you for a beautiful pattern. I'm really looking forward to the next one.

No comments: