Thursday 24 May 2007

First Sock Complete

I managed to finish the first sock when I was in NYC this past week. I used Regia Stretch. I am really enjoying knitting this pattern. I knit the pattern in the large size and Knitpicks 0 circular needles doing the magic loop method and I knit the sock from the toe up. I did the chart from row 1 to 24 instead of changing it to go from 24 down to 1. I will make these socks again and when I do I think I am going to change to the US 1 needle for the cuff the next time I do the pattern.


This is a closeup of the heel. I don't like the short row heel. This heel looks the same as when you knit socks from the top down because you still have the sl1, k1 heel flap.

1 comment:

Put a Sock in it said...

Nice yarn! I like the look of the heel too. I haven't tried a gusset on toe-ups yet, but I keep meaning to. :)